Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Eve of Distraction

Well here goes...

Tomorrow at O-Dark-Thirty, I will be on my way to the airport to begin this odyssey.

Today began with a full head and heart.

I kept thinking to myself, this will be the last time in a while I shave, iron my work clothes (yeah, I have been doing that since the Air Force), tie my tie, brush my teeth... just kidding, I might shave!

Work was frenetic but it was truly gratifying to have so much support from my co-workers.

Now, I am home, going over the packing list in my head, checking weather at various cities along the route (so far, West winds and no snow!!!), and getting ready to go out to dinner with my family and some friends.

I'll try not to be a dork, but the full heart may be an issue tonight.

Tomorrow the work begins and hopefully some fun too. Dunstan, I trust you are ready!

2 comments:

  1. Already miss you! So excited for you guys... we're all here waiting to cheer your arrival home.

    ReplyDelete