Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to the Blog

Thanks for visiting. We set this up so we could journal our Bicycle trip from San Diego to St Augustine Florida.

This was all Marty's idea and I am still not sure if he hoped I would say YES or NO when he asked if I wanted to bike across the US by the time we were 50. I figured I would have several additional injuries by then so I told him I would do it, but it had to be soon.

Soon is upon us- we fly to California on Wednesday, February 25th and start pedaling the next day.

There will be links to the right... see? Spot us via Satellite is very cool - right now it just has my test data, but when we get going you can track our progress by clicking the link. When you get to the SPOT page, select "satellite" in the viewing window and you will see where we are from satellite imagery from Google maps.

I'll put some more links up there, but if you get lost just go to http://www.pcbike.com/ as we will have all the links there too.

Jake

6 comments:

  1. I am not surprised at all that you are doing this. You are such a good guy Jake. Have a great time. I know you will!!!! Be careful and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post is through Michael but is actually Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete