Saturday, March 28, 2009

A big baby in LA

I mean really, who hasn't ridden a bike 80+ miles while throwing up, having the stomach issues mentioned and running a temp. It was only 4 days of not really eating. If I knew he was such a wimp, I wouldn't have come. Obviously I'm kidding. Jake is hanging tougher than anyone would expect.

I knew he was sick yesterday when we asked me to slow down. In the past that has happened .... ah .... ...NEVER! The only time I've gone faster than Jake was down hill on a Mt bike.

I rode out of Texas and into Louisiana. There was not welcome to Louisiana sign and if it wasn't for the "Entering Beauregard Parish" sign I wouldn't have known. The first 4 hours of our ride was in a thick fog that got everything dripping wet. There was almost no wind until the last hours of the ride.

The weather channel is saying we should have the wind at our back for a couple days (at last). The weather is also supposed to turn cold for a couple days. Good thing we sent our winter clothes home! We are catching all the breaks.

We are going to ride today and take advantage of the wind, but it will probably not be a real big day. Neither of us think Jake has a big effort in him. Actually let me restate that: About 60-70 mile will be a big effort in Jake's condition. We will take it easy for a couple days and make it up when he is 100%. We are currently just waiting to see how Jake reacts to his breakfast and we are waiting for his prescription to be filled.

By the way, if you are a people watcher, the Walmart in DeRidder LA is a must visit. I'm tellen' ya, it would make a great reality show. Just put mikes on these folks, a little video camera: geniues.

No comments:

Post a Comment