Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Rest Day!

Well, Cold Springs was not the location of choice for a rest day, but as Marty noted, I got ill.

I will spare you the details off said illness, but let's just say that describing the symptoms dealt with would truly give my creative writing skills a work-out. Bleh.

Anyway, we covered 86 miles yesterday.

Today, we are determining if we can further consolidate our stuff to reduce our load. With any luck we will be down to the panniers (luggage bags on the bikes and one trailer. if we are successful, one guy will take the trailer, one will take the bags.

Another mark of our brilliance: that we waited until we were fully out of any elevation of note to reduce our stuff.

BRILLIANT!

I feel better today and provided I can eat, we will be off and riding again tomorrow.

All the best,

Jake

2 comments:

  1. Uncle Jake - feel better!! Love Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jake,
    I stopped by the shop yesterday and talked to Kelly. Sorry to hear you were sick. Bike riding & sick just do not go well together. But, you are certainly The Man, The Big Dog! Sick & still able to ride 86 miles. Hope you are feeling better and the rest of your trip is uneventful. I've enjoyed reading your blogs and "traveling" with you. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete