Monday, March 2, 2009

Problem: I hope they go away

Jake was kind in not mentioning the reason for the low miles the last 2 days. Marty is having problems. That's me.
On day two and three we pushed harder than we should have and I'm now dealing (kinda) with some issues. The only one I'd call a problem is what appears to be tendonitis on my right knee. It was noticeable yesterday, which is why we cut that day short. Today "noticeable" is not the word. The pain is pretty extreme, especially if climbing. It also stops me from rising from the saddle which you have to do when you are spending 6-7 hours on a bike.
We stopped and camped in Hope AZ to find out it is the hottest day 3/2 since (1922 we heard). I've spent 2 plus hours icing the knee and hope it does not stop me.
Wish me well.

2 comments:

  1. Gee, Marty, sorry about your knee. And you look so cool. Be smart. Love ya, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, Marty. You can do this. Just think ahead to the days when its going to be easier than you thought...you can make up the miles then. I'm sure you can tape that leg up behind your back and just bike one-legged for a few days. Hey, I've got an idea. Shave your knee and duct tape a ice pack to it. The friction of biking will also serve as a rub-rub motion on the ice pack.

    I'll be thinking hard about some other options.
    -Missy

    ReplyDelete