Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 20???

Wow that is a long time 20 days on a bike.It is not like we didn't ask for it!

A St Patty's Day note or three - James, I got both of your impaired voicemails and both were much appreciated. No, Bob, no green beer... Sanderson is not McSorley's West. And Thomas, does the Irish blessing really say may the wind slam into your face all day?

Today was windy and not the good kind... which reminds me what Glen Lebby told my son John: West Texas is not a normal place for wind - so all you folks praying and hoping for West winds, kick it up a notch okay?

As usual we met some interesting folks mostly in our only true stop at Langtry Texas - home of Judge Roy Bean's saloon and court house. Michael from the Wagon Wheel (great BBQ sandwiches) and his pal Russell were extremely helpful.

We made it to Armistad National park just outside of Del Rio before dark.

Tomorrow we rest - no biking unless it is to food.

New Pictures as always are being posted right after I say..

All the best,

Jake

PS: we are seriously considering taking US 90 through San Antonio for a couple of reasons. I will let y'all know for sure tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marty, It is your Mother-In-Law who is very technologically challenged. So I am with Kay who got me on the post a comment place. So what do you think of my TEXAS??? Windy, hot or cold but usually sunny huh? Glad you've made it this far but you are a long way from northeast TX where I am. I think you will enjoy the hill country but it is hilly. Stay safe. Love and prayers, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilly -yes. Windy, yes. Cold - yes. Hot - yes.

    It was been great seeing it. Very pretty and very nice people. Luckily the dogs ended after the second day.

    We are going to head through San Antonio instead of Austin.

    Marty

    ReplyDelete