Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Steady as she goes

Before today's antics and adventures.... Last night at the Ramblin Roads RV park in Hope, we were treated to a "jam" session of about 25 people with everything from mandolins to electric guitars to squeeze boxes and harmonicas. It wasn't perfect, but a bunch or retirees having a ball taking turns leading the jams, it was actually... perfect. At the end, they all sang the National Anthem and then handed out the words to, and sang Oh Canada - first time for me outside of a hockey game, but I gave it my best.

New Pics (Venus guys on there). We'll figure out a way to organize them (or I will beg Kelly to) so you do not have to go through each and every one to see the new stuff.

Today we were rolling before dawn (a practice we will probably continue - takes a lot of pressure off). So, we were treated to sunrise hitting the east facing mountains and hills. The picture does not do justice to the unbelievable colors generated by this. My Mom would have had a field day with her palette.

So, we wisely set very attainable goals for today - about 61 miles. After we went a whole 6 miles, we came upon Salome and decided to have breakfast. If you are a Bugs Bunny fan, you may remember the singing frog episode - I swear the character came from this town. Wikipedia it - tell me if I am wrong. Cool little place.

Then we went a WHOLE 6 more miles and saw a really cool cafe in Wenden and guess what? We stopped again. Extra points to to first person who looking at the pictures guesses why we stopped!

22 miles later, Aguila. The most awesome gordita ever (no nothing like Taco Hell). Unfortunately, there, my camera was stolen!

Miraculously, just 10 miles from the end of our journey, the thief somehow slipped my camera back into my handlebar pack. I guess he felt bad.

10 miles straight downhill into Wickenburg, and we are done for the day.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't want to scroll through all the pictures just hit the 'view all' tab, and click on where you want to start the slide show.

    So how were the women in that roadside joint anyway?

    I spoke to BV and he wants to meet you somewhere along you're route in Texas and have a taco. I am encouraging him to bring a bike and stroke out a couple of miles with you. Maybe stroke isn't the best word for that....

    Life in Ormond, while sleepless, is fine and we all check your route together at dinner time. Kacey is very concerned with where you are sleeping and if there are any monsters. Very interesting child, she is not afraid of monsters herself but is very worried about others.

    As always, stay in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete